School Opening Updates
Methodist Preschool was so pleased to open its doors to students on September 14! Our reopening modal centers around monitoring recommendations from the Governor’s office, Department of Health and CDC, maintaining very small classes, minimizing contact and high touch points, detailed and consistent cleaning procedures and ongoing evaluation and adjustment wherever necessary. We have been thrilled with how seamlessly our reopening has gone and we remain committed to safely serving the needs of our families and staff.
Some of our plans include:
- reorganized into smaller class sizes (9 or less per room) that will blend when allowed, keeping children/teacher together
- only staff and students will enter the building until state guidelines allow parents/guests on site
- adjusted arrival and dismissal procedures with health screening at arrival
- soap and water handwashing will replace hand sanitizer wherever possible
- parent participation and programs that mix students from various classes are on hold (for the time being)
- increased and detailed professional cleaning procedures throughout our building
- each child will have their own caddy stocked with the most commonly used supplies
- each child will have their own play-doh (how can you NOT have play-doh?) 🙂
- each child will have a dedicated chair at their spot at their table to minimize cross-using
- Bike room and bathrooms will be sanitized between uses
- adjusted classroom operations to minimize high touch points
- teachers wear masks, students are not required to wear masks, but may if preferred.
- toys that are too difficult to sanitize (legos, small blocks…) may be rotated or temporarily removed.
- sensory tables (sand, rice, water, bean) will not be used at this time
We will meet or exceed Best Practices as outlined by the State of Ohio and CDC wherever possible. As always, our first and foremost concern is the health and safety of our students, families and staff. We will remain diligent about monitoring and adjusting our operations as we go to maintain that high standard of operation.
If you have questions about our COVID-19 plans, or anything relating to Methodist Preschool, please contact Director Ellen Davidson at 440-247-0950 or [email protected]