School Opening Updates
Methodist Preschool staff are working diligently and are on track to safely open our doors in September!
Some of our plans include:
- reorganized into smaller class sizes (9 or less per room) that will blend when allowed, keeping children/teacher together
- only staff and students will enter the building until state guidelines allow parents/guests on site
- adjusted arrival and dismissal procedures with health screening at arrival
- soap and water handwashing will replace hand sanitizer wherever possible
- parent participation and programs that mix students from various classes are on hold (for the time being)
- increased and detailed professional cleaning procedures throughout our building
- each child will have their own caddy stocked with the most commonly used supplies
- each child will have their own play-doh (how can you NOT have play-doh? 🙂
- each child will have a dedicated chair at their spot at their table to minimize cross-using
- Bike room and bathrooms will be sanitized between uses
- adjusted classroom operations to minimize high touch points
- teachers will wear clear masks or face shields, students will not wear masks
- toys that are too difficult to sanitize (legos, small blocks…) may be rotated or temporarily removed.
- sensory tables (sand, rice, water, bean) will not be used at this time
We will meet or exceed Best Practices as outlined by the State of Ohio and CDC wherever possible. As always, our first and foremost concern is the health and safety of our students, families and staff. We will remain diligent about monitoring and adjusting our operations as we go to maintain that high standard of operation.
If you have questions about our COVID-19 plans, or anything relating to Methodist Preschool, please contact Director Ellen Davidson at 440-247-0950 or email@example.com.